Editor Requirements - GeneralApplication Information
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Hold a Master’s degree or PhD or equivalent professional experience in any academic discipline.
2. At least two years of professional experience as an editor, copyeditor or proofreader.
3. Editors, copy editors and proofreaders should be proficient in MS Word and its tracked changes feature and experienced in efficient document management.
4. Familiarity with at least two of the following:
* Academic documentation citation and formatting styles such as APA, MLA, Chicago Manual of Style, Turabian, and AMA.
* Business documents including marketing, corporate communications, speeches, multimedia presentations, training materials, user guides, e-learning, and online help.
* Manuscripts in all genres: novels, screenplays, short stories, poetry, biographies
* Web content: web site editing and analysis in terms of effective design, 508 accessibility, and navigational ease.
5. Additional proficiency in at least one of the applications will be highly regarded:
* Adobe Acrobat Vs 8 (Professional) for editing PDFs
* Adobe InDesign
* Adobe Framemaker
* DITA and Arbortext Editor
* Quark Express
* Final Draft
* Movie Magic Screenwriter
6. You must have reliable access to the Internet and access it daily at several times; be committed to quality editing; have a responsible and flexible attitude; work well under pressure; adhere to deadlines and provide a consistently superior level of work. Before sending your résumés / CV / cover letter, please check the following requirements:
* Applicants must be willing to work as independent contractors.
* Applicants must have a reliable Internet connection.
* Payment rates will only be discussed personally with successful applicants.
In addition, we are seeking editors with the above requirements who meet the following criteria:
Academically Qualified & Experienced Statistician Wanted (US)
WordsRU is seeking a qualified statistician to work with its academic coaching service. Applicants should posess a master's degree or higher in statistics or a related field, have experience in the design of statistical instruments, and be expert in carrying out analysis of data in an array of research fields; they should also be able to exhibit familiarity with a variety of statistical analysis software and to be comfortable teaching others in the coaching relationship.
Academically Qualified & Experienced Editors Wanted (London)
Editors should be proficient in comparative document proofreading and graphical layouts, and be prepared to attend occasional meetings in London when required.
Academically Qualified & Experienced Editors Wanted (any country)
* Medical Editor
* Legal Editor
* IT Editor
* Science Editor
* Manuscript Editor - all genres
* Screenplay Editor with skills in Final Draft or Movie Magic Screenwriter
Academically Qualified & Experienced Editors Wanted in the following (any country)
* English as a second language (ESL)
* Accounting / finance / economics
If you meet any of these requirements, please send your CV or resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, please understand if we do not respond personally to your inquiry. No follow-up e-mails or phone calls, please.