One of the firm’s greatest resources is the knowledge base contained in its network of consultants, built over the past 15 years. Butler Hill creates virtual teams of professional consultants drawn from this global network based on the scope and requirement of each project. Some projects require a great deal of collaboration while others depend upon the professionalism of a single individual.
As a virtual company we don’t dictate where or how you work as long as you know what needs doing and get it done. Consultants can work from any location they choose on short- or long-term projects, typically at hours and days of their choosing. The only thing we insist on is quality work.
Our goal is find the right people in the 40 countries where we do business, who are not only capable but share our enthusiasm and love of language. Feel free to contact us even if you don’t see a specific job posting in the list; we are always interested in adding to our existing network of professional consultants
Search result evaluation / Data annotation
Web search evaluators provide feedback to search engine development teams to ensure that internet search results are accurate, timely, comprehensive, free of spam, and relevant to the search query’s intent. The evaluators, also called data annotators, perform services on a part-time basis (4 hours every weekday) for two months or more from their home office, rating pairs of search queries and search results. They are native speakers of the respective target language, internet-savvy, familiar with a wide variety of online news sources, and they have a passion for researching information. We have worked with over 800 such consultants in 20 markets; while most of the work is performed individually, regular virtual meetings keep everyone in synch.
Butler Hill Group - Web Search Evaluator Application
Web Search Evaluator - Australia
WEB SEARCH EVALUATORS
Be part of a global team to evaluate and improve search engine results for one of the world's top internet search engine companies!
WHO WE ARE
Butler Hill Group (www.butlerhill.com) is a linguistics services technology company that is focused on helping our clients reach new international markets by leveraging our expertise in over 50 languages and dialects. Our client is one of the world's top internet search engine companies and is currently seeking internet-savvy freelance Web Search Evaluators.
Web Search Evaluators will review and evaluate internet search results based on specific search terms and provide a rating depending on the relevance of the search result to the search term. The evaluation work is done using an online automated tool.
You will work 4 hours per day (Monday-Friday) and have the flexibility to choose the hours you wish to work each day. This project requires a commitment to work part-time at 20-22 hours per week. Project work is expected to extend through June, 2010, with a possible further extension to June, 2011.
· Personal PC that runs Windows Vista or Windows 7 (Windows XP and Apple O/S are not acceptable)
· Minimum screen resolution capabilities of 1280 X 768; desired resolution is 1280 X 1024
· A high-speed internet connection
· Ability to problem-solve technical/software issues independently
· Detail-oriented and organized with strong time management skills and the ability to manage a 20-22 hours per week self- directed work schedule
· Must be a current resident of Australia and have spent the majority of your life in Australia
· Familiar with current cultural, political, business and media affairs in Australia
· Extensive familiarity with a wide variety of online news sources published in Australia
· Avid internet enthusiast with excellent web research and analytical capabilities
· Completed at least 1-2 years of a university program
· 1-2 years professional work experience
WHAT WE OFFER
A competitive hourly pay rate, flexible work schedule while working online remotely.